Join me on the air, Saturday at 11 AM PST
1460 AM, KIONCRNtalk.com Channel 5 (On the Internet)
Twitter (follow me)
Archive Blog (past radio shows)
Call in number for the program is 831-633-1460
Kevin Korenthal, executive director of Associated Builders & Contractors, California Cooperation Committee, and conservative political activist, joins me to talk about two job killing and discriminatory policies looming large against our all ready beleaguered economy and job market.
Congresswoman Hilda Solis has been approved for her appointment as Labor Secretary. She, like Obama, and Robert Reich, former Secretary of Labor under Clinton, is a proponent of labor policies that discriminate against minorities while claiming to promote diversity.
Obama’s policy underscores his intention to centralize labor in America in his quest to create a hardcore Socialist State.
If the “Employee Free Choice Act” EFCA becomes law, “workers would have to publicly sign cards, which, employers fear, could lead to intimidation by unions.” (The Denver Post, Feb 22, 2009)
Between 12:00 (noon) - 1:30 p.m. Monterey County will stage its first "tea party" in protest of the massive spending and bailout bills and the accompanying tax hikes. For further information check out the Monterey County “Tea Party” Blog.
We'll check in on the gathering before the show's out.
Teresa Hernandez, candidate for Hilda Solis’ 32nd Congressional District in a special election, the date yet to be set by Governor Schwarzenegger, drops in for a quick update.
Friday, March 6, 2009
Botched Paramilitary Police Raids: An Epidemic of "Isolated Incidents"
"If a widespread pattern of [knock-and-announce] violations were shown . . . there would be reason for grave concern." —Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy, in Hudson v. Michigan, June 15, 2006. An interactive map of botched SWAT and paramilitary police raids, released in conjunction with the Cato policy paper "Overkill: The Rise of Paramilitary Police Raids," by Radley Balko. What does this map mean? How to use this map View Original Map and Database
The proliferation of SWAT teams, police militarization, and the Drug War have given rise to a dramatic increase in the number of "no-knock" or "quick-knock" raids on suspected drug offenders. Because these raids are often conducted based on tips from notoriously unreliable confidential informants, police sometimes conduct SWAT-style raids on the wrong home, or on the homes of nonviolent, misdemeanor drug users. Such highly-volatile, overly confrontational tactics are bad enough when no one is hurt -- it's difficult to imagine the terror an innocent suspect or family faces when a SWAT team mistakenly breaks down their door in the middle of the night.
But even more disturbing are the number of times such "wrong door" raids unnecessarily lead to the injury or death of suspects, bystanders, and police officers. Defenders of SWAT teams and paramilitary tactics say such incidents are isolated and rare. The map above aims to refute that notion.
|Death of an innocent.||Death or injury of a police officer.||Death of a nonviolent offender.|
|Raid on an innocent suspect.||Other examples of paramilitary police excess.||Unnecessary raids on doctors and sick people.|
- ► 2012 (87)
- ► 2011 (330)
- ► 2010 (174)
- CA Tax Payer Revolt & the CA Rep. Party, and Water...
- California’s Upcoming Water Revolt: Left-wing env...
- Who Killed the California Economy? A Murder Myster...
- Show for Saturday, March 21, 11 AM, PST: Babes wit...
- Don't break the backbone of California's economy
- Taxpayers Gather To Protest Spending, Taxes, Growi...
- Is Ayn Rand Relevant? Short and Succinct
- Saturday, March 14-2009: Steve Moore, WSJ, on the...
- A Revolution: Power to the People!
- The August Review - Federal Bailout of States Viol...
- Promise of Diversity in Labor Practices and The Em...
- It’s the Sun, stupid! Religious Enviros' beliefs ...
- Obama tax hike meets Democratic resistance
- Do as I say, not as I do: The Corrupt Mantra of ou...
- Forbes.com Video Network | TalkBack: Speak Up, Sil...
- A Time Sensitive Blog: A "Tea Party" Happening
- PLEASE READ AND SIGN THIS READ THE BILL PETITION
- Automatic Obama Tax Cheat Appointment News Form
- Interviews with Francis Barraza and Kristen Lucero...
- ▼ March (19)